Biscarri Consultoria provides CAE services using state-of-the-art CAE Open Source Tools. The use of open-source software offers many advantages:
- Source Code availability and GPL/LGPL Free Cost Licensing
- Model Parametrization and Proces Automatization at Meshing, Analysis and Postprocessing Tasks
- Multiphysics Integration / Multivariable Optimization / Easy Acces to HPC (no extra license cost to run in parallel with many processors)
- User’s Communities highly active on the internet: plenty of users and developers sharing knowledge selflessly at the forums, with collaborative attitude
Code_Aster – Linear and Non-Linear structural Analysis, Thermal analysis, multi-physics
Code_Aster, developed by the company EDF, provides a whole array of analysis methods and multi-physic model. It is a well documented and well validated code used by thousands of engineers and scientists worldwide (over 1800 tests performed in configuration, 18 years of development). Follow this link to open code_aster booklets or visit this page.
OpenFOAM – Computational Fluid Dynamics
OpenFOAM is a CFD software package developed by CFD Direct and other contributors. It has a large user base across most areas of engineering and science, from both commercial and academic organisations. Learn more at www.openfoam.org.
Dakota – Mathematical and statistical methods to help scientists and engineers asses and improve the accuracy of computational models
- Optimization with gradient and nongradient-based methods;
- Uncertainty Quantification with sampling, reliability, stochastic expansion, and epistemic methods;
- Model Calibration with nonlinear least squares methods;
- Sensitivity/Variance Analysis with design of experiments and parameter study methods.
These capabilities may be used on their own or as components within advanced strategies such as hybrid optimization, surrogate-based optimization, mixed integer nonlinear programming, or optimization under uncertainty. Learn more at https://dakota.sandia.gov.
Elmer – Multiphysics
Elmer is a multiphysical simulation software mainly developed by CSC – IT Center for Science (CSC). Elmer development was started 1995 in collaboration with Finnish Universities, research institutes and industry. Elmer includes physical models of fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, electromagnetics, heat transfer and acoustics, for example. Visit Elmer website.
Octave – Numerical analysis
GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It provides a convenient command-line interface (CLI) for solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically, and for performing other numerical experiments using a language that is mostly compatible with MATLAB. It may also be used as a batch-oriented language. Visit Octave’s page.